Written by: Geoff Tischman
The Tedeschi Trucks Band played the first of two sold-out shows at the Capitol Theatre in New York (2/20) and it was awesome.
Soulful, electric and utterly moving, the band’s first set was a real stunner.
Their reading of Neil Young’s “Alabama” was unbelievable and their take on Charles Segar’s “Key To The Highway” was awesome.
Set Two was a powerful collection of sheer bluesy thunder, featuring takes on numbers by Blind Willie McTell and St. Louis Jimmy Oden.
A stirring night soundtracked by one of the best bands in the business.
- Do I Look Worried
- Just as Strange
- Until You Remember
- Key to the Highway
- Don’t Miss Me
- Alabama (Neil Young Cover)
- Talking About
- Idle Wind
- Statesboro Blues (Blind Willie McTell)
- Part of Me
- It’s So Heavy
- Let Me Get By
- Right On Time
- Goin’ Down Slow (St. Louis Jimmy Oden)
- Made Up Mind
- How Blue Can You Get? (Johnny Moore’s Three Blazers)
- I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free (Billy Taylor)