Written by: Geoff Tischman
Father John Misty came to the Capitol Theatre last night (Sept 14) and he was just glorious.
Playing a staggering two-hour set that included numbers like “Nancy From Now On” and the stunner “When You’re Smiling And Astride Me,” the Maryland-born musician is one of the most magnetic and mercurial acts around.
In the middle of his Pure Comedy tour, Father John Misty played a commanding set of psychedelic folk, indie roots rock and fractured hymns that were as mesmerizing as the images swirling on the screen behind him.
There were ballads, rockers and string-laden heartbreakers.
And every second was utterly captivating.
- Pure Comedy
- Total Entertainment Forever
- Things It Would Have Been Helpful to Know Before the Revolution
- Ballad of the Dying Man
- Nancy From Now On
- Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins)
- Strange Encounter
- Nothing Good Ever Happens at the Goddamn Thirsty Crow
- When The God Of Love Returns There’ll Be Hell To Pay
- When You’re Smiling and Astride Me
- True Affection
- A Bigger Paper Bag
- Bored in the USA
- The Memo
- I’m Writing a Novel
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings
- Real Love Baby
- I Love You, Honeybear
- Leaving LA
- So I’m Growing Old on Magic Mountain
- In Twenty Years or So
- Holy Shit